Sunday, October 30, 2011

Bouldering for Power

So this weekend I found myself bouldering because it was a little too cold for roped climbing and the weather was hit or miss.  The temperature was hovering around 40 degrees and it would have been fine to have a belayer but you can stay warmer if it is just bouldering with a down jacket worn in between the problems.  It turned out to be a good session but I forget how much bouldering can take it out of you in such a short time period. I ended up working this problem that it between a V4 and a V5 that has a hard finish called whales tale.  I didn't get it but I did learn that for me at this time it is worth walking away from the problem at hand and doing others to get your motivation up and then coming back to it.  I ended up doing 10 problems between V0 and V2 and working 3 significantly harder problems and being able to link all the moves but not in one continuous push.  Next time I am there maybe I can just get these three hard problems.  On the verge of breakthrough...... I feel that it is important to work on hard moves because I want to make sure that I can climb through them when it comes to the taller cliffs and that I don't get held up.  Hopefully this pays off.  The hardest part for me is getting into bouldering.  Sometimes it is hard to remember that it has it's own right.

No comments:

Post a Comment