Friday, September 23, 2011

The Training Begins!

So I have started this blog as a way to start training intensively again for my rock climbing goals and to improve myself in a new way.  My goal here is to climb the grade of 5.13.  I have never been able to get even near to it.  As someone who has always had school or work or life in the way I have decided that it is time.  My Journey begins in the small town of Montpelier VT.  The closest cliff to home with established climbs is 19.1 miles away.  There are 5.12 climbs and easier at this small band of cliffs which will provide the perfect training ground for me to continue on my journey to the 5.13's.  My next month is going to be spent assessing my strengths and finding a good way to work on my weaknesses. I hope to get all of my thoughts on paper so that I can have each step and progress point down to work on over the next year.  Last weekend I lead a 5.8 trad route and was able to toprope some 5.12s.  I felt gripped on the 5.8.  I am going to need to get better to even think of leading a 5.13.

No comments:

Post a Comment