Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Franconia Notch Day

I spent Sunday at Echo cliff and profile cliff with Zach and Ryan two friends that live locally.  Zach has been climbing with me a couple times and this was really the first time that I had climbed with Ryan. 

It turned out to be a pretty good day.  We started off on Natural High 5.7 as a warm up which is the gem of Profile.  It is a long alpine pitch which wanders left and right but has some good face climbing and a really nice setting.  Since neither Zach nor Ryan had done this climb I really wanted them to get on it because it is awesome.  The second climb that we did saw called Birthday Bolts and goes at 5.9.  We also got to toprope this route called Syko's arete that I have always wanted tto try.  It looks really good and it turned out to be exactly what I wanted.  It was hard for me and I had to fall once to learn the sequence.   I have really been searching for climbs like this where the climb can be tried and climbed and then I can come back later to get it as clean as possible.  Especially on different rock types and different angles.

The last part of the day we hiked back down to Echo cliff and finished on a couple of climbs that Zach and Ryan had not done but that were good teachers of technique.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so awesome!! Climbing has been on my list of things to learn for a long time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know when you are going to be in VT or if you want to make a day of it with Erin some time we can always do North Conway..

    ReplyDelete