Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Red Green Show


In Richmond they have completed half of a project repainting their bridge and they are supposed to resume after the winter and since seems to be over I have been waiting for the bridge to be completed.

I find myself thinking of when I was a kid and I used to watch the red green show where they make things out of duct aped together rusted cr@p and laugh about it. It reminds me that things can be creative and do not have to fit inside the norm. I am trying to just let myself run and be happy with my pace and distance whatever it is since I am just happy that I am getting out. The trails have gone from mud/snow to now snow/ice and they are much firmer than the soft fall and now we are entering both a drought and fire hazard and things are going to be dry.

At work we signed up for a relay for the burlington marathon so I have some extra training partners in the afternoons sometimes.  It is giving me a good goal to train for.  I am hoping that my almost 7 mile section I can do less than 8 minute miles over the course of things or less.  We are going to be making shirts for our teams with the Rainforest Alliance Seal on them  and hopefully the wording "sustainagility"  or maybe follow the frog as a little business thing.  I found out the other day that HR will pay for them which I am happy about. 

One thing that I keep revisiting is my rock climbing rack of gear.  By getting rid of certain gear you shave pounds of weight and hopefully help yourself for the final send.  I took my full rack of 20 plus cams and 20 plus draws and got it down to 7 cams and 12 combined draws and 6 nuts that will be pretty light in terms of weight this year.  I am excited to see if it is going to work. 


Today I spent at Rumney again and we did 4x5.10 climbs and 5x5.9s.  The day was really good and it was good to flash some 10s.  I wish I was able to push myself a little more training wise though.  None the less it was a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment