Sunday, February 5, 2012

Travelling to Cochise

So Nothing can be better than going on an expedition road trip right?  Last night I got the email that I got an upgrade to first class for the first leg to AZ.  I was thinking to myself.  OK Nothing can be better than going on a expedition climbing trip and getting a free drink within minutes of the first hours of your trip...  Then this morning I got the complementary call saying flights were delayed... I hope that all goes well.  Right now I am writing this post as my wife gets ready to drive me to the airport and let me go for almost 3 weeks and also trying to come up with some of my own personal goals for the trip.  I am thankful to have someone that cares for me but that can also let me go for a little while.  Absence makes the heart grow fonder. 

It occurs to me also that I am going to be in the air and flying to go on my trip on the most American day of the year.  Super Bowl Sunday...  I know that as a Boston native I should be routing for the patriots and watching but some part of me wants to just play dumb. 

Now what teams are playing this year?? When is the Super Bowl??

The one thing that I have thought lately is about watching athletes before they race or play.  They all have a warmup routine that they do religously before they start their sport. I have been wondering about trying this type of thing before every climb.  I really have always just put on my shoes and gone for it.  That is the one reason why I would be interested in watching the bowl this year.  To see the pro athletes routines before they perform at their best.  Get some pointers.

So a lot of what I have been thinking about the last short times that I have had free coming up to this trip has been what goals I want to try to accomplish on the road trip and how I want to start off this year on my trip after about 6 months of training for things.  I know that one of my downfalls has always been my self talk.  I usually get up on a hard section and after trying it once or sometimes not even at all I tell myself I cannot do it and talk myself out of it.  This needs to go away so it is what I have told my partner Justin I want to get rid of and work on this trip.  Easier said than done is what I am thinking but I have to try otherwise I am doomed to the same grades.

Hopefully I will get a post in half way through the trip when we come out to civilization for a resupply.

No comments:

Post a Comment